Responsible for providing customer service, instruction, and safety for all participants on the Kids Zip Line Course and the Climbing Wall course. All Facilitators will be required to participate in course-specific training prior to being eligible for a facilitator position. CPR and First Aid Required. A friendly, positive, enthusiastic attitude is a must. We believe it is our employees that makes Charleston Zip Line Adventures a special experience for all of our guests.
Zipline Adventure Guides Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Provides excellent customer service to all guests of Charleston Zip Line
- Ensures all course operations are conducted in accordance with Charleston
Zip Line Adventures safety standards
- Supervises the progress of an assigned participant group in conjunction with
- Completes an inspection of all course components and of all course gear
- Fits harnesses and helmets correctly and supervises the use of all personal
- Conducts participant orientation session and pre-screening
- Assists with course and site maintenance efforts
- Attends ongoing training throughout the season
- At least 18 years old
- Must pass initial guide training
- Must pass a monthly skills assessment
- Current CPR, First Aid certification
- Must have strong risk management skills
- Ability to communicate and work as an effective team member
- Ability to work long hours and irregular shifts in a multi task environment
Physical abilities required
- Must have ability to perform work at height
- Must be able to perform all technical rescue associated with the Zip Line canopy tour
- Full range of overhead arm motions to pull two people along cable
- This position may require walking and standing for long period of times in all weather conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Able to speak in front of groups effectively
- Must have a flexible schedule
- Part-time, seasonal positions available following training
- Working outdoors with the general public requires the ability to adjust quickly to any situation, all while managing risk and providing excellent customer service.
- A Zip Line Guide training course is offered for potential guides who are interested in a Zip Line Canopy Guide position. The training is a consecutive four day, ten hour a day training provided by Challenge Design Innovations.
- Guides must attend the entire length of the training in order to be eligible for employment or come with equitable guide training.
- Initial training will require trainees to learn to deliver a high-quality experience, manage risk, master the use of zip line adventures tour equipment, perform timed high-angle rescues, and provide excellent customer service to all guests.
- Zip Line Guides must pass both written and practical tests with an 80% or better to successfully complete the training.
- Zip Line Guides will be required to attend and document ongoing trainings throughout the season.
Wages and Benefits
- Guiding wages are earned by the hour PLUS tips
- A discretionary performance bonus is possible for qualified guides at the end of the season.
- Zip Line Guides are classified as seasonal employees.
- Guides are expected to work most Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays all
- Tour quantity in a given week fluctuates based on the number of guests.
Uniform and Gear
- Charleston Zip Line Adventures will provide guides with a uniform and
personal protective equipment (harness, helmets, radios, etc.).
- All guides are required to maintain excellent hygiene and maintain a