Applications Being Accepted Now!
If you love the outdoors, adventure, and working with people this could be the job for you!
Come Join our Charleston Zip Line Adventure Team! We are currently accepting resumes for individuals with high energy, a great work ethic, and the desire to provide exceptional guest service. You must be at least 18 years old.
Seasonal Part-Time and Seasonal positions available starting now. Training begins March 2019. Apply Now!
RESERVATIONS AND RETAIL POSITIONS
Strong communication and customer service skills required. Managing reservations, checking in participants, retail sales, and providing exceptional guest service are the main functions of this position. We want you to help our guests have an adventure experience to remember! For more positions details, please see detailed description below.
Qualified candidates will have the skills and desire to:
- Provide excellent customer service to all guests and potential guests, whether by phone, email, or in-person
- Represent the Charleston Zip Line Adventures brand by playing an active role in helping to create a high quality adventure experience for our guests
- Work in an environment where multi-tasking is mandatory and efficiency is valued and most importantly- a positive attitude!
- Providing information to and answering questions for potential guests
- Actively and persuasively selling Charleston Zip Line adventures to callers, and facilitating the reservation process
- Greeting guests and checking them in for their scheduled tours
- Ensuring all guests meet Charleston Zip Line Adventures participant requirements (the ability to tactfully handle situations where guests do not meet participant requirements is a must!)
- Operating Point of Sale (retail) and photo sales systems to help guests quickly make purchases
- Maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of all guest areas, including the retail gift shop, check-in areas, and restrooms
Applicants with experience in customer service, sales, and/or reservations will be given
priority. Reliable transportation and a flexible schedule are required.
Zipline Adventure Canopy Tour Guide
Guiding participants on a TWO hour Zip Line Canopy adventure tour. Guides work with a co-guide on each trip, and lead up to two trips per day. All guides participate in intensive ACCT training program and must meet all safety standards. Pay increases with continuous training and is assessed throughout the season. CPR and First Aid required. A friendly, positive, enthusiastic attitude is a must. We believe it is our employees that make the Charleston Zip Line Adventure Experience a great adventure for all of our guests.
Kids Zipline Course and Climbing Wall Facilitators
Responsible for providing customer service, instruction, and safety for all participants on the Kids Zip Line Course and the Climbing Wall course. All Facilitators will be required to participate in course-specific training prior to being eligible for a facilitator position. CPR and First Aid Required. A friendly, positive, enthusiastic attitude is a must. We believe it is our employees that makes Charleston Zip Line Adventures a special experience for all of our guests.
Zipline Adventure Guides Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Provides excellent customer service to all guests of Charleston Zip Line
- Ensures all course operations are conducted in accordance with Charleston
Zip Line Adventures safety standards
- Supervises the progress of an assigned participant group in conjunction with
- Completes an inspection of all course components and of all course gear
- Fits harnesses and helmets correctly and supervises the use of all personal
- Conducts participant orientation session and pre-screening
- Assists with course and site maintenance efforts
- Attends ongoing training throughout the season
- At least 18 years old
- Must pass initial guide training
- Must pass a monthly skills assessment
- Current CPR, First Aid certification
- Must have strong risk management skills
- Ability to communicate and work as an effective team member
- Ability to work long hours and irregular shifts in a multi task environment
Physical abilities required
- Must have ability to perform work at height
- Must be able to perform all technical rescue associated with the Zip Line canopy tour
- Full range of overhead arm motions to pull two people along cable
- This position may require walking and standing for long period of times in all weather conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Able to speak in front of groups effectively
- Must have a flexible schedule
- Part-time, seasonal positions available following training
- Working outdoors with the general public requires the ability to adjust quickly to any situation, all while managing risk and providing excellent customer service.
- A Zip Line Guide training course is offered for potential guides who are interested in a Zip Line Canopy Guide position. The training is a consecutive four day, ten hour a day training provided by Challenge Design Innovations.
- Guides must attend the entire length of the training in order to be eligible for employment or come with equitable guide training.
- Initial training will require trainees to learn to deliver a high-quality experience, manage risk, master the use of zip line adventures tour equipment, perform timed high-angle rescues, and provide excellent customer service to all guests.
- Zip Line Guides must pass both written and practical tests with an 80% or better to successfully complete the training.
- Zip Line Guides will be required to attend and document ongoing trainings throughout the season.
Wages and Benefits
- Guiding wages are earned by the hour PLUS tips
- A discretionary performance bonus is possible for qualified guides at the end of the season.
- Zip Line Guides are classified as seasonal employees.
- Guides are expected to work most Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays all
- Tour quantity in a given week fluctuates based on the number of guests.
Uniform and Gear
- Charleston Zip Line Adventures will provide guides with a uniform and
personal protective equipment (harness, helmets, radios, etc.).
- All guides are required to maintain excellent hygiene and maintain a